Thursday, February 24, 2011

Christopher Lee is dying!!!


I have recently been challenged to a draw off involving the classic Hammer Horror films of the fifties, sixties, seventies and even the eighties (and I think they still make stuff today... but I'm not certain...). Anyway when I think Hammer Horror... I think Christopher Lee. When I think of Christopher Lee's Dracula (arguably the best Dracula of all time), I think of two things: Seduction and Dying HORRIBLY!


Christopher Lee's Dracula could draw in women like nobody else... and at the end of every movie... he had a long, tortured, sickening death and usually that death included a moment of horrible pathos in which he would give a mournful if not terrified look right before dying that made you wish that Dracula didn't have to die. ONLY Christopher Lee could make you not want Dracula to die like that... so I watched the 1968 classic "Dracula Has Risen from the Grave" and watched his amazing and horrific death scene where he falls and is impaled on a cross and struggles for what feels like an hour but is really probably the better part of sixty seconds and there it was... his amazing look... his moment of pathos... complete with bloody tears streaming forth from his bloodshot eyes... brilliant. Watched that clip about thirty times and came up with this... enjoy!

No comments: